Retail Therapy is the art of shopping to increase cheerfulness! That is what we strive for – ensuring you have a great shopping experience with us. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair or replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms.
In order to log any return, repair, refund or exchange, please email us: email@example.com
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible, you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- Package your products safely and securely for protection during transit
- Clearly mark your original order number on the outside of the parcel
- Include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product
- Send back in original packaging of the product
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements will delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged during transit, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery by logging your return including images of the damaged product and packaging. We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair or replace the product as soon as possible (if available), alternatively credit your account with the purchase price of the product, or process a refund.
Changed your mind?
If you have changed your mind and you no longer want the product, you can return it to us at your own cost provided:
- it is undamaged and unused, with the labels and stickers still attached
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable)
- it is not missing any accessories or parts
- you log a return within 7 working days of delivery to you. After 7 working days, you can only return a product if it is defective
These products may not be returned:
- foodstuffs, beverages or other products intended for everyday consumption
- a nursing or maternity product that has been unsealed, including (but not limited to) breast pumps, bottles, formula, maternity underwear, nappies and wipes
- a beauty product or fragrance which has been used
- a product which has been personalised for you or made to your specifications
- a flatpack furniture product that has been assembled after delivery
Items that are size or colour related can be exchanged for a different size or colour variation, provided that such variation is available. In such a case, you will need to return the item to us at your cost and we will then deliver the alternative item once we have received your item and inspected it. If such variation is not available, we will credit your account or process a refund with the purchase price of the product within 7 days of the return. We are entitled to inspect the product to validate your return.
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to inform us and we will either exchange the entire product or send you the necessary missing parts. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if available); or credit your account or process a refund with the purchase price of the product within 7 days of the return.
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality and in good working order and without defects.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us as soon as you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but no later than 6 months after delivery of the product. Log your return and we will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair or replace the product (if available), credit your account or process a refund with the purchase price of the product. Unfortunately we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the 6 month warranty period.
Gift Vouchers & Coupons
There are 3 types of coupons or vouchers:
- Promotional Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“Fixed Coupon”)
- Promotional Coupon with a percentage discount, e.g. 10% off (“Percentage Coupon”)
- Gift voucher with a fixed amount, e.g. R200 gift voucher (“Gift Voucher”)
Where you have used a Fixed Coupon to pay for an order, and you or Retail Therapy Online later cancels your order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the relevant product(s), or you log a return of one or more products for a credit in accordance with the Returns Policy, the coupon will be re-activated to your account for you to use for another purchase.
Where you have used a Percentage Coupon to pay for an order, and you or Retail Therapy Online later cancels your order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the relevant product(s), or you log a return of one or more products for a credit in accordance with the Returns Policy, the value of the discount received using the Percentage Coupon will be deducted off the purchase price of the cancelled or returned product(s) (as applicable), and we will credit your account or process a refund for the balance.
Wherever you have used a Gift Voucher to purchase a product that you later return for a refund in accordance with the Policy, we cannot refund you in cash for that portion of the purchase price which you paid using the Gift Voucher, but we will credit your account.
Charges and refunds
If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse Retail Therapy Online for the cost of collecting the product from you and/or the cost of having the product returned to you.
Please note that we only refund to the payment method that you originally used – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by EFT will be refunded to your nominated bank account which you have provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and are responsible for the validity thereof. Any incorrect information given to us will not be our responsibility to rectify and we will not be liable to make any further payments to you. Refunds will be processed in accordance with the policy dependent on the nature of the refund, however once a product has been received by us, a refund would then take up to 7 working days to be processed.